Saturday, February 12, 2011

February 11, 2011

He stands in the kitchen and asks if she would like to go out to dinner with him. She gets a big smile and says "Yes". He smiles and tells her to be ready for their date at 5:30pm. He walks away, she turns to me...

"Mommy, what is a Daddy Daughter Date? What am I supposed to do?" I explain that Daddy is going to take her out on a date. They are going to go to dinner, just the two of them. She smiles and says "just Daddy and me?"

The light in her eyes, the smile on her face...

4:30pm comes, I ask her if she wants to go get ready. Daddy makes a comment, does it really take an hour to get ready. If she is anything like her Momma, then yes.

We walk up the stairs hand-in-hand. She is telling me what she wants to wear and how she wants her hair done.... yup she is like her Momma.... We go in her room close the door and begin the transformation.

After about 5 or 6 different outfits, she settles on the one she wants to wear. We quickly skip into my bathroom, time for the hair.

She explains what she wants. I look at the clock, only 25 minutes left. Not a good thing to be late on your first big date. I tell her to hold still and I being to work my magic.

We hear Daddy come upstairs to get ready. She giggles, thinks it's funny that she is getting all pretty for Daddy and he can't see her.

We hear him go back down the stairs, so we sneak down behind him. She is holding my hand, her eyes are bright with the excitement of her first adventure with Daddy.

She is standing in the kitchen. When Daddy walks in and looks at her. Daddy tells her how pretty she is, he picks her up and hugs her. They get their coats on and off they go.

Their First Date.

8 comments:

Mom P. said...

AWWWWWW!! She's gorgeous!! Lucky Daddy!! Where did they go??

Mom P. said...

Watch out world, here I come!!! Just wait until she's 15!!!

nana said...

Nana says it makes me tear up!

Anonymous said...

She looks so grown up...and so beautiful. She is our princess, isn't she?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the smile on Kevin's face won't be so big when she goes on her first date with a young man! Jillian is beautiful! (Even without the hair and lip gloss). And Kevin..... well... :)
Kerri

Anonymous said...

sooo.... what did they do on their date??

-kelli

lyn said...

They went to Bob Evans for dinner (the kids favorite restaurant) and then they went to the airport to watch the planes :-)

Heidi said...

What a cutie! My question though, did you approve of their 'parking' ;)
Just kidding, what a great memory.