Anxious is a word that I would use to describe how I was feeling about our upcoming weekend. We had been given questions that we were to think about and be prepared to answer while we sat aglow in the firelight. To answer them meant that you needed to open yourself up, show a piece of the hidden you.
Kevin and I had been praying about the weekend, the questions, and what God was placing on our hearts to share. A story that most of the group didn't know. A road that we had walked, and were still walking on. A place that is most painful... and yet... it is a place of beauty. It's a place where God worked his incredible blessing on our life. As Kev and I talked and prayed, we both knew it was time, time to open up and share where we had been and where we are today because of it.

We decided that we would arrive at Hoffmaster State Park a day earlier then the rest of the troops. I remember setting up camp and talking to Kevin about where the group campfire would probably be held. I remember praying that the weekend would go well and that my nerves would calm down.

The morning of day the others were to arrive. Kevin suggested we go to the local store and get donuts and punch for everyone to enjoy as they arrived. There is a joke in our small group that brownies always make everything better. Well, I was hoping donuts would work the same kind of magic.

As everyone started to arrive, my spirit calmed. Cars started to pull in, tents started to be raised, children were running all around and a feeling of peace swept over me. This was going to be a good weekend. Aslan was on the move...
1 comment:
Some great shots!!! Perhaps I'll see some moments you captured that I missed as we were running frantically about the campsite looking for Alli at two different points of the weekend. LOL. I love reading about the weekend from your perspective. LOL. Very sweet.
Post a Comment