Let me just say we had a BEAUTIFUL weekend for our camping trip. It couldn't have been more perfect. God had blessed us with warm temps during the day and cooler temps at night. The sun kissed our children's cheeks as the water tickled their toes.

The kids had such a great time playing with each other. The lake was a little rough, which made it tons of fun for the adults but not so safe for the little kids to go out very far. There was a little "pool" of water where a creek met Lake Michigan. It was deep enough to play in and warm enough to sit in. A perfect play area for the kids to get dirty in the sand. Yes, I said dirty. I found sand in places on my children that I didn't even know existed, but thats what camping is all about... Right?! Oh, Boy....


Sand and children just seem to go hand-in-hand. The kids could have played there for hours, which in fact they did.




Even the little ones seemed content on laying on a beach towel watching the people, listening to the rolling of waves, and feeling the soft breezes blow their hair.

The water gun.... You can't bring a water gun to the beach without the boys flocking to it.



Some of us even got to enjoy sitting in the sun soakin up the rays. If any of us had the right just to sit and enjoy, it was "my friend Bethany". She was such a trooper, camping (IN A TENT) with her baby belly, going out and playing in the waves, even doing handstands in the water with the rest of us crazy ladies. Oh my goodness, when I saw her flip over into a handstand... priceless...

Then there was "The Fish". That nasty, gross, disgusting, make your skin crawl, fish. Only Al would touch it, not only touch it, act like he was going to eat it and then chase the guys with it. I think Steve let out a girly scream as he was running... for.his.life. Kevin was watching the whole thing laughing.... but I am not sure he would have been laughing if he was the one being chased by the fish.








No comments:
Post a Comment