Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Family

There are certain times in your life that you look at the people around you and really study them for who they are and what they mean to you. Each person in my little family has a specific role they play. Each person is special in their own way.

Micah- He is my people pleaser. When I ask for something to be done, he is the first one to do it. Usually without complaint. He puts forth the extra effort to get the job done right. Although he doesn't complain about doing a task he usually is the first one to tell me he is tired if we are walking somewhere or are riding bikes. This was very apparent this past weekend when we were riding our bikes or hiking. He is my early riser and my early to bed kid. He has a sensitive heart and loves to make sure everyone is good all the time. He also gets down on himself when he isn't getting something right the first time. He is a very special part of our family.
Jilli- She is my little actress. She loves to be the center of the show, but more importantly she loves to be the center of all of Daddy's attention. She LOVES to climb in bed with us in the morning and cuddle with her Daddy. She works hard at not being the youngest. Whatever her brothers do, she can do. She is very quickly learning how to be a studious student like her big brother Micah. She loves to read. She also loves to follow me around "learning how to be a Mommy." If someone is going to help me in the kitchen, she is the first one in line. She is also the first one to bring on the whine and let the world know that life sometimes isn't very fair. Always ready to give you a huge smile when you are feeling a little down. She is a very special part of our family
Tyler- He is my physical boy. His love language is physical touch, whether that be in the tightest hug you have ever felt or the hardest hit on your backside. He is probably my most sensitive child which most people wouldn't see right away because of his rough and tumble attitude. Since he is so physical, he can out walk, out ride, out run, out fight his siblings. He is our jokester, who goes out of his way to be funny and make you laugh. He likes to play alone and can do so for long periods of time. He loves anything about airships, his favorite is the Hindenburg. Tyler, out of all my kids, asks the hardest and deepest questions. He is the one that urges me to keep in the Bible. I regularly have to tell him I will get back to him with an answer, because frankly, I have never thought to ask what he asked. He is a very special part of our family.
All three of my children push me to be a better more rounded person. The responsibility to train them to be loving, Jesus following, well rounded adults is overwhelming at times. Thankfully that is where God's grace steps in. I don't need to be perfect, I just need to strive to be the best that God calls me to be.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.


There is one more person in my family....

Kevin- Where do I begin? He is a very proud man. Proud of his country, proud of his business, proud of his kids, and (going out on a limb here...) proud of his wife. He is fiercely protective of his children (don't mess with papa bear). He is a perfectionist that is realizing that perfectionism isn't always so perfect. He has no problem standing up for his family, and their rights. He is a hard worker that doesn't give up on a difficult task. He loves to laugh with his kids and play with them. He has no issues, coloring, putting puzzles together, or holding them. He also loves to get on YouTube and play all of his old favorites (there are some night's I am sorry I ever showed him YouTube). He has a smile that lights up his face...I just have to make sure I am quick enough with my camera to capture it, because inevitably his tongue will be showing up and his smile will be gone :-) I wish I could show you all the pictures I have of him with his tongue out.....but he would kill me if I put them on my blog :-)


Orchestrated by God, Loved by God, Cherished by God, God's Gift to me......My Family

2 comments:

a barron said...

so sweet...so thoughtful

Kaira said...

And you, Lyn. You forgot to add yourself... don't make me bust out my list again... you know I will!

I left a little something for you here: http://bestillmy.blogspot.com/2009/11/when-it-rains-it-pours.html