Monday, March 9, 2009

"Mommy, Romeo threw-up all over Jilli's room"

Oh, the days that add more work to my already busy schedule...but keeps me laughing because, it is just so stinking cute!


I first heard Jilli's little voice saying "Mommy, Romey threw-up", but it was kind of background noise. Tyler must have realized that I was not responding to this urgent matter and decided to take it up a notch. "MOMMY, ROMEO THREW-UP ALL OVER JILLI'S ROOM!" I asked him if it was just water he threw-up. Tyler said yes, so I asked him to grab a towel and clean it up and I would be up in a minute to make sure he did a good job.


Well, I should have known better than to give Tyler such broad instructions and then give him a FULL minute to follow those instructions (with a willing accomplice in tow)...The kid keeps me on my toes that is for sure!


I can only imagine that Tyler told Jilli that they had to grab ALL the towels to clean up the mess. With the towels located so nicely right outside Jilli's door, it was quick work to locate them all.


As I was on my way upstairs, Jilli and Tyler were on their way down..."Mom, we need another towel." I asked them if they grabbed one from upstairs, they both said "Yes"...I turned around to grab my camera.


I knew that they were up to something and if I have my camera in hand.. I am more likely to keep my cool. I NEVER expected to find this...




By the time I had my camera in hand and was on my way back upstairs, they had grabbed all the kitchen hand towels, washcloths, aprons, and hot pads...they had covered any final holes that were left.

Well, I laughed...then I told them that they had to haul those towels downstairs to get cleaned because I had no idea, which ones were clean and which ones were dirty.

I came back downstairs to finish taking care of what I was originally doing and then I started to hear giggling again. I knew they were back up to something, so I walked back over to the stairs and told them to hurry up taking care of the towels.

I walked away and and heard a soft bang...I turned back around and saw their next maneuver. Throwing all the towels over the balcony...full belly laughs erupted. I walked away shaking my head.

Romeo, apparently thought that the towels on the floor were for him and so......he found himself a nice spot. Which sent off more rounds of laughter from my two partners in crime. They then thought it would be great if they dropped the rest of the towels on his head....good thing Romeo is such a laid back dog! He just laid there and let them do whatever to him.

In the end, all the towels made it back to the washing machine, thank goodness for my new machine that will have all these done in a flash. I even made the kids load the washer put the soap in and start it up (which they thought was a reward).

Oh well, they made me laugh...there are just some times, you can't get upset about the little things, you need to step back, take pictures and enjoy the love of life they have!

On Sunday I was talking with a Mom who said there are days she wishes she was back in an office working instead of being at home....I told her that for me..there isn't a day that goes by that I wish I was back in the office.

This is my one and only chance to love on my kids while they are young...I am so thankful to God and my husband for allowing me the privilege to be home and experience life with my kids....there is nothing I love more!

Blessings!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So--the question is, Did the throw-up get cleaned up or was it smeared all over the place?

Anonymous said...

now that was a LOL story!!! I can hear their little voices, and totally picture the whole story. Too funny & too cute!

-Kelli

Kaira said...

I LOVE this post! This is exactly how it would happen here too. In true Peters fashion, I'm sure all those towels are washed and put away already - probably by the time Kevin walked in the door :)

Anonymous said...

So who needs carpet when you hae towels?! ;-) I was LOL, tht was great!!