Monday, February 23, 2009

Conversation

This morning I was in my bedroom getting ready for the day. Tyler and Jilli were playing in her bedroom and this is what I heard.


Tyler "Jilli, why don't you ever make your bed?"

Jilli "Because I don't have too."

Tyler "We all have to make our beds, you need to make yours."

Jilli "No I don't, Mommy makes my bed, so I don't have too."


UMMM......my Little Miss is going to find out that she can and WILL make her bed. I have been making it, because it's kind of hard with it being up against the wall (and the fact that she is 3yrs old), but now after hearing that!!!???!!! She is going to learn.




I must admit that upon hearing that little exchange I was about ready to march myself into the room and yell at her for being so presumptuous. Then the Holy Spirit spoke to me....."You allowed her to think that way...you have never taught her to make her bed...you have always made it" How can I yell at her when I have never instructed her? Good Point, I can't.
Guess what part of her "school" is going to be this week. Bed making 101.

Blessings!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow does she ever look like the boys with er hair back. The open mouth pic is priceless.

Anonymous said...

She does look like the boys with her hair back!

Anyhow - she's such a cutie. I'd probably make her bed forever, lol :)

Anonymous said...

I guess Ama was always a soft touch. I made the beds. I'm glad mommy is making you learn how to make a bed in school. I love your
"piggies". You are so cute!! Love you much, AMA