Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Talent

The other day, Tyler wanted to take a picture of me with my "big camera". It is not very often that I allow the kids to use it. I however, made an exception this time and am so glad that I did. We had so much fun! I had set all the settings (ISO, Shutter Speed, and Aperture) then followed his instructions. He told me where to sit and then he just started clickin away. He was moving all over, he would say "OK Mom, I am going to climb up here. Look this way Mom. Mom I want to try it from over here." It was awesome, we had such a great little photo session. I told my very good friend (who is also a photographer) that we better be careful, Tyler is going to surpass our combined greatness by age 10!


Here is just one of the many pictures that Tyler took, almost ALL of them turned out beautifully.
I do want to point out that it's not the camera that makes beautiful pictures (as people so often think). It's the person behind the camera. Tyler could have been using a point and shoot camera and they would have turned out just as nice. I have seen some phenomenal photography taken with point and shoot cameras. My "big camera" just allows me to do creative things very quickly and easily (you can be just as creative with a point and shoot, just takes a little longer to set your settings).
I think that I am going to add another school subject to our day....Photography. I am going to teach my children how to "use" a camera. By the time they are done with my class they will be using a camera in manual mode, no more auto mode for them! I think I might enroll their Daddy in that class too, because he has a GREAT eye for photography also. It is my belief that he would be an awesome photographer, if he would just learn how to use my camera (hint, hint).
Blessings!

No comments: