By day 2 they have gotten more used to the outdoors and when it was time to put them in bed for the night they refused to go. I was tossing chickens into the little door (good thing I was a good softball pitcher) and you should of heard the squawking then! As soon as I tossed one in, they would turn around and run back out. I probably worked the problem for 30 minutes trying to herd them into the coop by myself the whole time I'm muttering under my breath... "you asked for this... you can't ask for help because you asked for these chickens..." I also was dealing with 4 cats and 1 dog, all of whom really wanted an up close encounter with these chickens.
It's been fun watching them explore the great outdoors and start living life as real life chickens! Can't wait for the eggs to start popping out, but that will still be awhile before that happens. Probably around Christmas time.
OK, so I promised to show you New York pictures of my trip in June. Hard to believe we are fast approaching September!
The day I arrived she had learned a new word. Her nanny was cooking up an amazing dinner for all of us when the fire alarm started to go off and Pria must have said something about fire. Lina picked right up on that and started yelling "FIRE, FIRE", the whole time I was there if she heard any kind of siren she would yell FIRE, FIRE! There were a few times that she chose to yell those words that made me laugh... like when we were in a whole elevator full of people.
Seriously, she is too cute for her own good. I'm thinking her parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins... are all going to have a hard time telling this face "no". This was the face that I woke up to every morning before the sun had a chance to shine it's rays over the horizon. She takes the name "early riser" to a whole new level! I am not a coffee drinker, but she almost drove me to coffee that week. 5:45am was the latest she slept in, and for all of you who know me... that is still considered the middle of the night to me...

No comments:
Post a Comment