Saturday, August 22, 2015

A Daddy and his Little Girl

Most important relationship in a little girls life is the one she has with her Daddy.  Momma's have a huge role, but the Daddy, he is the one that has the biggest influence on his little girl.

Jilli and I have a beautiful relationship.  She is so much like me that I get worried at times.  I pray she has some of her Daddy's great qualities and not so many of my short comings.  She is as happy cooking and baking in the kitchen as she is out in the barn cleaning it or playing with the animals.  She will make a wonderful wife some day.  But as much as we are together and as much as we do together, it's her Daddy that she looks to for acceptance and worth.

The smile that Jilli gets when her Daddy tells her she looks beautiful is nothing like the smile I get when I tell her she looks beautiful.  The joy she bubbles over with when her Daddy tells her she has done a good job has no comparison.  You see, her Daddy is the man, the man who's job it is to show her how a man should treat a lady.  It's her Daddy's job to show her how it feels to be well cared for.  It's her Daddy's job to give her a picture of what she should look for in a husband.  And it's her Daddy's job to give her a healthy picture of the Love that her Abba Father has for her.  I think that's the most important job a Daddy has... to teach his daughter about her Heavenly Father and the love she feels from her earthly father doesn't even compare to the love her Heavenly Father has for her.  It's  the most precious gift a Daddy can give his daughter, the gift of knowledge of her Father God.

So any time I see the special spark between a daddy and his daughter it puts a smile on my face.  I love to watch daddy's love their children, especially their daughters.  I see my brother as one of those Daddy's that has that special relationship with his little girl.  She lights up his life... even at 5am when she wakes everyone up because she is ready for the day to start!  I have several videos that I took of Tim and Lina together that I still watch and smile.  One in particular was when Tim had his guitar and was strumming a song on it and she came right up and started dancing and then she tried to strum the guitar and he changed the chords as she "played" the song.  It was so sweet to watch.  I am so disappointed that I only took a quick picture with my phone of the two of them.  Like I said I have videos of them playing the guitar, and at tumble class playing basketball together.  I took this picture the first day I arrived.  Lina was a little shy around me at first and so she had tucked herself close to the person who she knew would keep her safe.


It didn't take her long to warm up to me though.. she was throwing balls at me and laughing in her mischievous way not long after I took this picture.

No comments: