Monday, July 13, 2015

Catching Up, Jilli turns 10yrs old and the Kittens!

I have so much to share and write... I have lots of posts already written in my head, but I just can't seem to find the time to sit down and write them out.  Life is busy here on the farm and with my garden, chickens, kittens, and outdoor chore lists on top of regular old household chores there doesn't seem to be much time for just sitting in front of my computer.  This morning it's raining... blessed rain, it's been so long since we have seen you... that it's preventing me from going outside to work, so I decided to take the time this morning to write.

This past week my baby turned 10yrs old.  I'm still having a hard time with that.  It felt like I was finishing another chapter in life.  My children are all now double digits.  But I am still so thankful that even though they are getting older, they still love their Momma and aren't afraid to show it.  Micah curled up with me to watch fireworks on the 4th of July.  I loved every second of it, even though my arms were killing me by the end I wouldn't let go.  He might not let me hold him next year...

Our Kittens are growing bigger every day.  Our barn kittens are so sweet, they all have very different personalities, each one is special in their own way (never thought I would say that about cats!)
Quick introductions....Starting top left and moving clockwise
Tiger cat- her name is Phantom, she is Kevin and my cat.  She is very vocal and I always know where she is because I hear her cries.
Tiger cat with white paws- her name is White Socks, she is Tyler's cat.  She is very cuddly and loves to be held by Tyler.  When Tyler calls her "Hey Girl" she comes running for him and starts purring before he can even pick her up.
The tiger cats are sisters and both are great hunters!
Black cat- her name is Clover, she is Jilli's cat.  She is the smallest one of the 4 and she is so sweet.  She loves her Jilli and if I can't find Jilli, she is usually in the barn or on the porch just holding Clover while she sleeps.
Gray cat- her name is Sparky, she is Micah's.  She is quite a little spitfire and is still keeping Romeo at arms length.  She is always the one we can't find, she seems to be the most skittish.  She is the one who finds all the best hiding places but she is a little lover if you can find and catch her.  She will purr up a storm the minute you pick her up.
The black one and gray one are sisters, I think they were taken from their mom a little early because they don't seem to know how to hunt/kill/eat.  I think the "big girls" are showing them the ropes but as of right now, we haven't seen any evidence that they have eaten anything but cat food.
Romeo has a special affection for little Clover.  When she wears herself out playing she curls up in a ball where ever she is and falls right to sleep.  Romeo becomes her guardian and if you get close he lowers his head right over her as a signal that he is protecting her.  The big old dog and the littlest kitten make a very cute pair!
This is White Socks, I just had to show you her sweet face.  Even though Tyler has been begging for his own dog... This little girl has captured his heart.

OK, enough of the cats... never thought I would be gushing over cats!!!!

Blessings!!


No comments: