Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Presque Isle Pier

A jewel of a place to visit is called Presque Isle Park in Marquette Mi.  I could have explored this park all day.  I loved it's hidden views and winding trails that led to sights that were awesome.

The Park is a peninsula that juts out into Lake Superior.  Although the locals call it "The Island".  There is a road that follows the shore line (for the most part).  It has many pull offs, just ask Kevin, I was begging him to stop at almost every one!  Although the road is there, it is not open to cars during certain times of the day, they close it down to only foot traffic, so you need to make sure you are there during driving hours.

I will be posting pictures from the park over my next few posts.  Todays pictures are of the "pier" that is just inside the park.  We decided to walk it.  You would never guess that about an hour earlier it was cloudy and spitting on us as we left the lighthouse.

On our way out to the end this little guy was spotted.

He jumped into the water, so the kids went to see if they could see where he went.

This is Mom and Dad walking back to shore... 

Andy would have stood here gazing all day, his mind could not comprehend the beauty of the water.
We quick grabbed a family picture.
Then my silly husband acted like he got locked on the pier.
This is actually what that gate looks like.

Plenty of room for him to walk through!

This is a quick picture of the lake shore by the pier.  The water is so clear! The average visibility is 25ft,  some areas you can see 65-75ft. deep!

One last picture.  I took this of Micah sitting on a fence right on the lake shore. He is so handsome!

That's it for today!

Blessings!!

No comments: