There is a little town, that over the next few posts, you will be introduced too. It's a town that I would love to go back to and spend a lot more time at. I loved it!
First stop is the Marquette Lighthouse. I could go into detail about our "adventure" in finding this lighthouse, but I won't. Let's just say that it was a good thing we found it when we did!
It is currently being restored. It is on a active base, so you have to have badges to go on the property. It was built on a rocky cliff.
There was a "cat walk" you could use to walk farther out on the cliff. It was VERY windy, but never one to walk away from an opportunity to photograph a lighthouse (especially one that our camping buddies have yet to see), I threw caution to the wind as well as my hair and took this selfie (did you know that selfie is the word of the year).
Please take a moment to pause.... There needs to be silence.... The Patterson Pants came out for this adventure... yes it was THAT cold! Notice he even pointed his toe, almost like he knew the great white Patterson Pants were about to be photographed...
Always wanting to document the kids on the adventures that we have had, we asked them to pose for a picture by the museum. One child was not too thrilled to have his picture taken... You all get one guess as who that child was!
But never fear, PopPop to the rescue! He can always get Tyler to smile!
This was just our first stop of many in Marquette... Stay tuned!!





No comments:
Post a Comment