I was awoken this morning to my husband saying "TyTy has a runny nose, and his throat hurts, he doesn't feel good." I jumped up and came right downstairs and grabbed.... no not medicine.... essential oils.
I can't remember the last time I pulled motrin or tylenol out of my cupboard to give to my child or to myself. I have not taken totally away that option, but when I ask them what they want, all three of them, always choose oils. Why would I give them something man made, when I can give them something God made? The Bible references essential oils 188 times! What do you think will be better for them?
I will state right now that what I am about to write will be controversial. People will think me nuts, and that is just fine. I only have to worry about what my husband thinks. And he thinks... well he thinks, I am a keeper and "something else". Which is his way of telling me I am "special".
My grandmother was a RN, a fact that I am very proud of. But I don't think she forgot the "home remedies" that she was raised with. I remember a story she told me when I was pretty young. She said that she had a patient who had just given birth. At the time the medical community said that a new mom needed to stay in bed for 10 days. Not getting up at all. Now, does that really make sense? Well the new mom who gave birth stayed in bed like a good patient and died. It so affected my Grandma that from that moment on, she went against the medical community and got new moms up and out of bed right after birth. She didn't lose one more new mom. She figured that the patient who died, died of a blood clot because she didn't get her blood moving by laying in bed. Smart women. Do you think she was questioned about her "non-conforming" ways... probably. She never told me how the medical community acted, but working in the medical community for 8 years, I can only imagine what was said to her.
As I just stated, I worked in the medical field for 8 yrs. I worked with people from 104 yrs old down to pregnant women and babies that were just days old. I have seen a lot during those years. Sadly, I was just a brainwashed as the next person. It makes me sad, to think about how I promoted things that I would NEVER do now.
I guess my road away from the mainstream medical world started when I was much younger when my parents took us all to a Chiropractor. My Dad had carpel tunnel syndrome. He went to all the medical doctors, went through surgery, wore horrible braces to bed at night and none of it helped. He went to a Chiropractor and he hasn't had a problem since. My oldest brother, dealt with horrible allergies and asthma. He had a breathing machine that he had to use and went to get allergy shots several times a week. Once he started with a Chiropractor he stopped allergy shots and his breathing treatments. My Dad told us that when he was little, if he got sick his parents wouldn't take him to a doctor, they took him to a Chiropractor.
Back in August 2005, my doctor told me that by the time I turned 35 years old, I would be on an insulin pump. I started researching all about diabetes. I started to find research that was done in Europe about the link to diabetes and Vitamin D deficiency. Guess what, living in Michigan, you have a pretty good chance of being Vit D deficient. Why? Because in the summer we smother our skin with sunscreen to block sun-rays (vit d) and in the winter the sun doesn't shine very much and when it does we are usually not out in it. Back to the research... it was found that those who lacked vitamin D were much more likely to get diabetes.
Most know there are two types of diabetes. But what many people don't know is that diabetes can be caused by a regular cold that attacks the pituitary gland. You get a cold, get better, and have no idea the havoc that your pituitary gland went through. That is me. A virus attacked my pituitary gland at one point in my life and now I have a broken gland.
Here is the good news... I started taking high doses of Vitamin D (my doctor tested me and I was very deficient... surprise, surprise). I will be turning 37 in a few days and my A1C (diabetic test) shows my sugars at a "high normal". Hmm.... coincidence?
I have continued to research and learn. I have been stretched in my beliefs, I have been woken up.
Most of you know that in the beginning of the year I was having thyroid issues. I started researching about my thyroid. I won't go into all the things that I learned, but I started using essential oils specifically for my thyroid and taking a natural pill that supports my thyroid. I have gotten a clean bill of health for my thyroid. My doctor knows what I am taking and doing. He told me that he could put me on chemical thyroid medication (synthroid), then told me that he didn't think it would help me though. I started with my natural pill (herbs and essential oils) and my thyroid started going down and now is back to a normal size.
We all have to do what we feel lead to do, but please don't follow blindly because that is what "mainstream" tells us to do. I have learned very quickly that if "mainstream" tells us to follow, you will be pretty safe if you run the opposite way. Do your research, make sure you are reading reputable sources. Money is the root of all evil (1 Timothy 6:10), so if you follow the money trail, you can quickly discover if it is a reputable source or not.
Back to this morning....
After I checked out what Tyler's symptoms were and applied appropriate oils for his ailments ,Thieves-on throat, Eucalyptus-on chest, and mixture I made called Flu Bomb (Oregano, Thieves, Melaleuca)-on bottoms of feet. Oh and he is drinking water with Lemon oil as well. I then sent a text to my Dad telling him that Ty was getting a cold. My whole family was all together for lunch yesterday and my parents are being extra cautious because they don't want to get a cold before they leave to visit their brand new granddaughter.
Dad sent me a text back saying that he was at the doctors office this morning and lots of people were sniffing and blowing. So I should mix them up some flu bomb capsules just to be sure they don't come down with anything. It made me smile. I love that my parents are interested in staying healthy in natural ways! I think they even skipped the Flu shot and the Pneumovax this year!
And that brings me to a whole other area of health awareness. Vaccines.... Just this morning I received another email regarding the HPV vaccine (Gardasil). Wow, to think that parents would submit their children to this is totally beyond me. But I honestly think that if they knew the risks they wouldn't. When China refuses to give this vaccine to their people, that should tell you something! You can read the article HERE.
Then I saw another article about vaccinating your children. I have been researching this subject for awhile. I have a couple different friends that have had children that have been harmed by vaccines. It's so sad to see these kids struggle and to see my friends struggle with the knowledge that their decision had a life altering impact on their child.
So why don't you hear more about how bad vaccines really are and how they have done basically nothing to eradicate diseases? Follow the money trail. Vaccines are a multi-billion dollar industry. You also don't hear about the damage vaccines do because the Supreme Court made it illegal to sue pharmaceutical companies. Since 1991 $1.8 Billion has been awarded to those injured by vaccines. 75% of those were awarded to those who had reactions from the DPT shots. If vaccines are safe and they are good for us, why is the government paying out so much money?
I encourage you to read the article. It is so good and spells out better than I ever could all the information about vaccines. The graphs speak for themselves! You can read the article HERE.
I warned you that what I was writing would be controversial! The more this country goes all healthcare crazy, the more and more thankful I am that I have educated myself, that I know many natural ways to deal with different illnesses, and that I don't need to depend on a government for my families health.
By now most of you will think I am crazy and that's OK... But for the record, according to my younger brother, who has been a recipient of many different emails from me, ranging in subjects, some of which we agree on and some we don't, I am not certifiably crazy until.... I sell my house, move to the country, live off the land, and stop shaving. I am currently working on three out of the four. I will let you guess which one will keep me in the sane category per my brothers definition! HaHa! Good thing my family loves me just the way I am!!
If you have any questions about what I just wrote or would like more information, just let me know!
Blessings!!
1 comment:
I love this! Is there a book you would recommend to learn about which essential oils do what? I'd LOVE to move into this but don't know where to start and don't have a ton of time to invest!
Post a Comment