Lesson #1 - ALWAYS assume the weapon is loaded.
Lesson #2 - NEVER point the weapon at a person UNLESS you are going to use it.
Lesson #3 - NEVER put your finger on the trigger unless you are going to shoot.
Lesson #4 - Equal height equal light.
Lesson #5 - Take aggressive stance, point gun, breath, then squeeze trigger s.l.o.w.l.y.
Lesson #6 - Slow and accurate always beats fast and inaccurate.
Before I shot the gun, I told Tim that I was nervous and he said he always get's nervous before shooting too, and he has been doing this for a living for 13 years... so I didn't feel so bad.
It was time for me to try it... Tim placed his hand on my shoulder which steadied me, he talked me through all my steps and then waited for me to get the guts to pull the trigger. I am actually very proud of the fact that I hit the target for the first time I ever shot a gun. After I shot it, I laid it down on the ledge and took a big breath. Honestly it shook me up a little, so I took a second to collect myself and then picked it back up a fired a few more rounds before reloading.
The knowledge that Tim possesses is a fountain that never runs dry. I learned so much, I respect my brother so much more for what he has to do, and the responsibility that he has. Makes me even more proud of him, because I really don't think I could do what he does.
Well, that's about it. I have now felt the power of a gun and I'm kind of hooked (in a good way). I am looking forward to going back and taking Kevin with me. I am really curious to see who is the better shot... *smile*


2 comments:
love those pics! ;)
Great memory on the safety rules. You did fantastic at the range!
Post a Comment