Friday, June 8, 2012

STANDING

"To not take a stand is taking a stand."  I heard that this past week and it has stuck with me.  It is something that will probably stay with me the rest of my life.

Yesterday we met friends at a playground and there was a little girl there who was bullying our kids.  She was saying and doing things that were mean and rude.  Most of what she did I didn't hear about until after we left the playground.  But what I said to the kids later was "you don't have to take that from her, you stand up for what you know is right."

Sadly what happened tonight is a picture of what our culture is.  People bullying other people and those being bullied not really speaking out for what is right.  The bullies are selfish people that want everything their way, and 99.9% of the time it isn't God's way.

I have stayed away from political stuff for awhile now.  Since the Bill of Rights was nullified with the signing of the NDAA which...

Grants the U.S. military the “legal” right to conduct secret kidnappings of U.S. citizens, followed by indefinite detention, interrogation, torture and even murder. This is all conducted completely outside the protection of law, with no jury, no trial, no legal representation and not even any requirement that the government produce evidence against the accused.


I don't have any desire to test that lovely law, but... There are just some things that I need to take a stand on.


There are bullies that are trying to destroy our great United States of America.  I pray most people recognize this, but sadly I think most people have no idea.  I don't think people understand what is coming if we don't get this country turned around.  I don't think people realize that freedom is a precious gift from God and the decisions that our leaders are making or even declaring, takes us further out of his protective hand.  


Do you know that it is being argued in the Congress to have selective abortions?  That if you are pregnant with a girl and you want a boy you can kill it.  Did you hear that our Vice President said last week he understood and agreed with the Chinese law of 1 child per family?  Where does God tell us that we can kill our children because they are the wrong sex, or to kill any extra children the government deems to many?  Isn't God the giver and taker of life?


The government is slowly taking steps to control every aspect of your life.  When a preschooler has her lunch taken away because it "doesn't meet the U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines" and replaced with nasty cafeteria food, there is something gravely wrong.  That preschooler had a turkey/cheese sandwich, banana, apple, apple juice, and chips.  Sounds pretty healthy to me!  And don't get me started on what Mayor Bloomburg did this past week.  I am 35 years old and I have the right to drink as much pop as I want to drink.  What are they going to ban next?  Are they going to start rationing out only vegetables and fruit?  The Government has been cracking down on farms, so that you can't grow your own food.  Tell me why would they do that?  Hmmm.... perhaps to make people completely dependent on them?  If they control our food, they control us. 


Did you know it was illegal to allow your kids to have a lemonade stand?  I have got to be kidding, right?!  I wish I was, you have to have a permit to run a lemonade stand at the end of your driveway.  You can read about it HERE.


OK, so most people would say that the USA is too big to fail.  WRONG.  Are you watching what is happening in Greece?  That is coming this way unless this out of control government is cleaned up.  This week Greece announced that it has run out of medicine.  It only has 30 days left.  It has run out of money, the prisons have run out of food.  How did all this start?  With financial irresponsible socialists running the country.  Who is running our country?? You can read a little something about who is running our country HERE.


Make no mistake, this has been a slow and steady fall.  Woodrow Wilson was an an extremely progressive president that set a lot of destructive policies/laws into motion.  By the way, whenever you hear/see the word "progressive" beware, it's not a good thing.  I also want to say that Obama isn't the biggest problem, he has definitely speed things up in destroying freedom, but there are much bigger fish that need to be fried.  


Socialism is not good.  Nationalized Health Insurance is not good.  This is coming from someone who pays dearly every month for healthcare.  Would it be nice for us not to have to pay that "mortgage sized payment" every month and let the government handle it?  No, because the non-monetary cost would be to great, our freedom is on the line.  I could tell you stories about what happens with socialized healthcare.  Sad, sad stories that Doctors I have worked for have told me when they went to countries that have socialized medicine.  I pray the Supreme Court does the right thing...


I have to applaud my countrymen from across the pond.  They stood up this week and did the hard thing to bring their state back into order.  I have the utmost respect for Gov. Walker who did not back down to the bullies that tried to recall him.  When someone or some organization gets too much power, it turns ugly quick.  I am not going to say that the unions were not good for anything.  And I know there have been situations where corporations were not treating their employees well.  But for the most part, I am not a Labor Union fan.  I don't need to go into all the reasons why.  That could be a whole blog in itself.  


If you don't know this already, let me be the first to say... This next election is the most important election since President Lincoln was elected president.  Our next President will have to work hard to 'right' our country from the years of corruption.  But it's not just the President, it is those in Congress as well.  We need to vote people in there that are trustworthy, that will will hard for freedom.  We all need to be informed.  We need to arm ourselves with information that is true.  Mainstream Media is not the place to go to get informed.  


You need to know what you believe before you can make a stand.  Once you know what you believe, then STAND on it.  I know it's not popular.  I understand that when I say I do not agree with Gay Marriage, people take offense.  I know that it's not popular when you say abortion is murder.  When some women might say, "I would never choose to abort my child, but I don't want to take that 'choice' from another women" and I say "murder should never be a choice!"  Do Not Murder is one of the 10 Commandments.   


I could go on and on.  I however need to end this so that I may move on with my day...  


The Bald Eagle our National Emblem.
Taken at Muskegon State Park

Thanking God for the freedoms I have today, praying for the freedoms my children will have tomorrow and STANDING for my beliefs, which if you haven't guessed are based on the Bible.



1 comment:

Kaira said...

I love it when you get all riled up. ;)