As a child, my Mom says, I would always spike a fever before a trip. I would even throw up and as soon as we left, I would be fine. How crazy is that? I am sure I gave my parents a scare the first few times it happened. But knowing them, they probably just said well, we will wrap her in blankets, lay her in the back of the van (during the time when you were free to move about the 'cabin' while on the road) give her a pan and continue with our plans. After the first few times, my Mom caught on that this wasn't an illness, it was just my body's way of reacting to excitement. Crazy how my body works like that. I was even known to faint when I got really nervous, even now as an adult, I battle that tendency when I am in a nervous situation.
Last night I had to ask my Sister-In-Law a question, we started texting back and forth and I realized, that for as excited as I am about this trip, she must have it 1000% worse. She has been "holding the fort down" while my brother has been away for the past 6 months. They have only been able to see each other on weekends if he flies home or if she flies to him. In just a few short days, she and Tim will not have to live separate lives anymore. I can't imagine how hard the last 6 months has been for them. When they are not together it's like taking a fish out of water and telling it to breath. It just doesn't work! Plus, after a few short days, their lives that have been located in Chicago for over 10 years will be transported across the country to a new city. A new beginning, new jobs, new apartment, a new life (and hopefully a new bambino.. I just couldn't resist.... Love you T&M!) I would be a hot mess, if I was her. I don't handle change very well, but I am sure that regardless of all the changes, she will just be overjoyed to be back to living in the same house, sleeping in the same bed, driving in the same car, as her husband.
In all the craziness that is going on around here, trying to get everything ready to leave. I had the kids try on their dress outfits last night. Keep in mind that I just bought them all new outfits for Aunt Kerri's wedding in October. Well, Micah's shirt is now too small. His pants that were on the verge of being too big are now a month away from being too small. But at least they will work. As for his shirt, I will be leaving shortly to go find a new one. Not what I had planned to be doing this morning. On top of that, Tyler threw three more pants on my bed with the proclamation that they were all too small. I had just purchased a new pair for him on Thursday and after trying them on again last night those were deemed too small as well. So along with the dress shirt for Micah, I need to find pants for Tyler. I keep telling my boys that they have to stop growing so much, but they say "MOMMY, you know we can't control that!" They have both told me that they want to be bigger than Daddy and hope to even surpass Uncle Timmy. They have high goals of which they are well on their way.
![]() |
| This was taken at Kerri's wedding. Micah's shirt was just fine 1.5 months ago! |
Be Blessed!!

3 comments:
and hopefully a new bambino--I like that idea, I don't want to lose my Pop Pop skills (with little ones)just yet.
A new bambino would love NYC!! :)
Post a Comment