I have never had a dog go on strike.... until now.
I decided to wash Romeo's bedding. Yes, my dog has his own bed and pillow. Anyway, to make a long story kind of short. His bed didn't dry really well. I had even had it outside drying, but it was still wet. I decided to put it in the dryer on 'airdry' to see if that would help it along any. It wasn't such a great idea. The dryer must have still had some heat to it, it melted the outer cover and I had a dryer full of fluff and cedar shavings. It was a mess!
The poor dog went to bed with only his pillow and a few blankets to make his bed soft.
Apparently it wasn't good enough. He spent the entire night crying and walking around our room trying to get us to fix his bed problem. Kevin even got up with him and let him outside to see if maybe that was the cause of all his drama. I should note that his bed is in our room, so all this crying and carrying on was taking place right next to us.
By the morning I had just about had it. I told the kids we were heading to Costco to buy Romeo a new bed because I was not going to go through another night like that one! Have Mercy!
We bought Rome's a new bed and he slept like a baby last night, which means we slept great too!
Note to self - do not wash his bed unless you have a back-up bed in stand-by.

No comments:
Post a Comment