I find myself home unexpectedly today. It's a rainy cold day, so what a perfect day to get some laundry done, let the kids hang out at home for awhile and spend some time with Daddy.
I have been thoroughly enjoying my time away. I count it a great blessing that I can disappear for weeks on end just hanging out with my family. I love escaping from the fast paced life and slow down to enjoy the things that are truly important. Like playing games with the kids for hours. Going on nature walks, riding bikes, coloring, reading books, putting puzzles together, even laying in bed and watching morning cartoons together. There is nothing more relaxing to me. I love that I don't have to make full dinners, and anything cooked over the fire is classified as a meal even if it's just grilled cheese sandwiches made in the hobo pie makers. Life is good, especially when I am camping.
This last week the kids started a more complete academic study again. During the summer we kept up math and reading, but now we have added back some of the other subjects to our schedule. Micah is very excited that he is starting some new curriculum this year. So far we have both enjoyed what he is doing. Hopefully the excitement lasts, it's so much easier to teach when they want to learn than when they don't. Regardless if his excitement lasts, mine will. I am excited to relearn some of what we are covering this year. And come December our family is planning a little trip for a very special occasion and I want to stop at some of the places we are going to be learning about. How awesome is homeschooling! Learning about places and people, then taking them there to see it for themselves.... nothing better!! The blessing that is my life....
I will leave you with some quick pics from last year when the kids carved their pumpkins. We were camping when we did this. The kids had a great time designing and then (the boys) cutting their pumpkins. Jilli had a little bit of a hard time trying to cut hers, so I followed her design and cut it out for her. Making memories...
Blessings!!



No comments:
Post a Comment