Were has the summer gone? Here we are fast approaching the end of August and it feels like summer is on the brink of being over. Thank goodness, we have had such a lovely summer. I know there are some who don't like it this hot and I could do without the humidity. But man, this sure beats last summer when I was wearing sweatshirts in July!
I wish I had even an hour a day to write about all we have done this summer, but it seems like my days are packed so full, and by the time I get to have some computer time, I would rather just go to bed. But... I am going to do my best to get caught up on what we have been doing, even if the posts are short and sweet and to the point.
On one of our many trips to the lake this summer I took a few pictures of one of our favorite past times.

Eating Ice Cream!! I can't think of a time in my life where ice cream wasn't a part of it. When I was little we would take the mile long walk up to Richmond Corner for ice cream. When we visited our family out East we always had to go to two different Ice Cream stores. Friendly's and the Barn. Just the other day my bro sent me a text with a picture of an ice cream sunday that was straight out of our past. I was drooling, it was called a Jim Dandy and it was 5 scoops of heavenly bliss.

The tradition lives on... my children are all lovers of ice cream. We have certain ice cream shops that we have to visit every year.
I am in awe over all the different kinds of ice cream and how each of us chooses such different flavors. It reminds me how different we are all created. We all have taste buds, but we don't all like the same things. Just one of the random thoughts that go through my head...I wish I could show you a picture of Romeo eating his ice cream, but sadly we can't give him ice cream anymore, so I will include a picture of him riding home with us after all of our ice cream faces had been cleaned and our sticky fingers had been wiped.
I think he was tired... Blessings!!
1 comment:
man - i never got waffle cones as kids, let alone ones w/ sprinkles! Your kids are get extra special treats : )
-Kelli
Post a Comment