My kids look forward to it each year. We count down the days until it's time to go to VBS. Last year it was Tyler's first time and believe me when I say he did NOT want to be there without me. But he made it and everyday he did better and better and by the time the week of VBS rolled around this year, he full of excitement and brotherly knowledge for Jilli's first time.
It was a little heart wrenching leaving all three kids there this year, but a little exciting for me too. What would I do with all my time??!! Three hours everyday, is a lot of me time!
If I had any reservations as to how Jilli would do, they were completely eliminated when I took her to her teacher and she turned to me and said "hug and kiss?" I complied and then she said "bye Mom." That was it, no tears this year, just 'bye'.

Every year the church has a VBS program, so that all the parents can come and see what they have been learning. Last year when they had their program, Tyler just sat and didn't sing and do hand motions. This year he told us he would be different. He worked hard to learn the motions and the songs so that we could watch him at the program. We even made a big deal out of video taping him during the program.

You kind of have to look for Micah he is sitting next to his friend Matt.
Looking forward to next year!
Blessings!!

No comments:
Post a Comment