Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Day Before the Big Day


It was a big day, one that I wanted to remember forever. I was willing my tears to stay in my eyes. There are times that I wish that I wasn't so emotional about certain things, because as I was applying mascara to my baby, mine was running down my cheek.

I knew that when I signed Jilli up for dance, this day would come, the one that we would 'practice' for the real recital. The first time that I would apply all the make-up tricks that I have learned over the years, but on my 4 year old.

Jilli had been counting the days down, until she got to dance on the big stage. She was all about the hair and make-up (not sure who she takes after). It was about 1.5 hrs of Mommy daughter bonding time in my bathroom.
We started out with a little girl and we ended up with a glimpse into the beauty that Jilli will soon be.
My heartstrings were being pulled in a half a dozen directions all at once.
They say, that your eyes are a window to your soul... She has amazing eyes...

Here she is ready to go to the 'big stage' she is all excitement and her Momma is all nerves!
Yes, she is a mouse, complete with a shakeable tail!
Blessings!!

No comments: