Here is the crew that came for Grandpa's big day. At this point Grandpa didn't know he would be going up in the plane.
Grandpa looking at the plane, still doesn't know he is going up.
Here is Grandpa going under the plane. This is the only way to get in it.
At this point I am wondering how the world he is going to climb up that ladder to get in, I am sure he was wondering the same thing. But because I am a nice grand-daughter, I will not share with the world how he did end up getting in that plane.
Here you can see Grandpa in his seat waiting for takeoff.
Although you can't see it in this picture, they had started the engine on the left and were waiting for it to warm up. Then the plane took off for a 30 minute ride.
When he was safely back on the ground, they presented him with a award since he was a WWII vet.
I think he was pretty tickled that he got it.
I am honored to say that many of the men in my family (& Kevin's) have served our Country, and because of men like Grandpa, we are able to freely celebrate July 4th. THANK YOU TO ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO FOUGHT AND FIGHT TO KEEP OUR COUNTRY FREE!
Happy 4th of July!!
Blessings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment