Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Karate

It's been busy around here. Trying to figure out what schedule is best for our family is never an easy process. At the beginning of the month we were facing weeks of constant going. Monday and Fridays are Micah's baseball practices. Tuesday and Thursday are Tyler's t-ball practices. Wednesday is Karate for both the boys (and maybe Jilli too) then church after karate. Thursday nights is also volleyball night for Kevin and I and every other Friday night is our small group night. YIKES!

Kevin and I have always said that we don't want to get our kids so involved in things that I spend most of my time driving the kids from practice to practice. Well here we were staring that very situation in the face and we needed to either surrender to the busyness or make some hard decisions.

Hard decisions have been made. Baseball is out, Karate is in. My sister got the boys 2 months of Karate (it is Christian based) and they started last week and LOVED it. Jilli even got to try it out and LOVED it. What impressed us was the level of respect that the instructors demand at all times. There is no "out of control behavior" and if a child acts up, they have to do push ups or planks. The kids are not left to themselves, they are being instructed the whole time. It just seems right for us and we are excited to see how the kids do.

Hopefully I will get some pictures soon. I did take some video (with my ipod)... Micah is the one in street clothes. He gets his uniform in the next week.



Tyler and Jillian are the ones on the very end. Tyler was shy, of course Jillian was in her element. But both of them were so excited when the class was done which is not usual for Tyler. He usually gets shy and wants to be done with something, not this, he is excited to get his uniform and do it again.

Hoping to get some pictures of them once they have their uniforms. Just a warning.... if you come to our house, you might get Karate Chopped by any of the three, so you better be on your best behavior!

Blessings!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH yeah!!!!!!!! I'm SOOOO glad they liked it!!!!! Thanks for posting the the video's!! I got a bit teary with pride. Would I be allowed to come watch sometime? I'm bummed not to have baseball games to look forward to watching, but am SO excited to watch them do karate!! :) Very cool.
~ Laur