Yesterday I turned 32...
I can hardly believe it.
This morning I was reminded again of how fleeting life truly is. How it is but a whisper, a blink. Every moment needs to count. Wasting life on material things and selfishness...That's not where I want to be. I want to be cherishing every second, I want to be living every day like it is my last. Isn't that what God calls us to do? The older I get, the more it makes sense.
This morning I read in the paper that my high school color guard coach died, She was 43. She left behind a husband and young daughter. She had battled cancer and lost. She was only 11 yrs older than me.... a whisper, a blink of time.
I saw her this summer, full of life. The day after Thanksgiving... the day before my birthday... she drew her last breath.
This news has affected me more than I want to let on, I have been thinking about it all day..near tears at times..dwelling on the sadness of a mother, a wife, a women who should have lived another 43 years, and is now gone.
I only have one life....God doesn't promise me tomorrow...I don't want to miss anything, I don't want to look back and wish that I had spent my time differently. I want to hold my tongue and use my ears, I want to hug, laugh, kiss, play, cuddle with my children. I want to teach them about Jesus, I want watch them grow in the knowledge of our Savior. I want to be the kind of wife that is a blessing to her husband. I only get one shot...life is but a whisper, a blink and it's gone.
Lord, Open my eyes to what is most important. Give me the strength to withstand the forces of this world. Hold me up when I feel like caving in. I only have one shot at this Lord, let me hit that bullseye...
...Amen
1 comment:
you are doing a good job :)
Post a Comment