Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cinnamon Bread

For those of you who are my friends on Facebook, you probably saw my status about putting my seven loaves of homemade cinnamon bread in bags. Well I thought I would show you what the dough to seven loaves of bread look like.

It was quite comical. I used the biggest bowl that I have in the house. The recipe called for 24 cups of flour. All you bakers out there know that I could not possibly make a batch of bread that big with any type of electric appliance. Who needs a gym when you are kneading that much dough! My arms got a great workout!

Each of my kids got a ball of their own dough to knead, roll out, smear butter all over then sprinkle (dump) cinnamon on. They get so excited for their bread to rise. "How big will it get Mommy, when is it done rising Mommy?" Are just two of the questions that I get about every 5 min.

Oh and the smell of my house as the bread is baking is just phenomenal! The best part is that I KNOW my family is eating something very good and healthy for them.
I think I need a bigger bowl (this was the big Tupperware bowl)!
Anyone have a HUGE bowl they don't need anymore? I am thinking that I might make this again, possibly this week for a few privileged people who are related to me. Just a thought though....
Blessings!

1 comment:

Kaira said...

wow - that is a big ball of dough! i was wondering about the 24 cups of flour - how many cups were in each of those gallon bags I bagged up for you? I think I bagged 4 gallon bags so I'd be interested in knowing how many cups of flour is in that big bulk bag of flour. Does that make sense???