Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was different than what we have done in the past. We went to my brother Paul and Nadia's house and my younger brother Tim cooked the whole meal.
Once we arrived we all pitched in to help finish getting the meal ready....Kevin worked on the sweet potatoes.
Melissa, Laurie, and I all took turns stirring the cauliflower/pear/hazelnut dish (that was surprisingly very good).
We also had green beans with a lemon vinaigrette, stuffing, cranberry sauce, rolls and of course the Turkey.

I have NEVER tasted a turkey as good as the one Tim made. It was juicy, tender and full of flavor. It was also all organic, hormone free, range free turkey. It was soooooo delicious. Cooked to perfection!
Tim now has the job of cooking our every-other-year Thanksgiving meals. He said he was fine with that job, he loves to cook!

While preparing for the meal Paul's kitchen sink got clogged up. They tried everything to clear the pipes, but to no avail. So after our meal was done, Laurie and I took to washing dishes...camping style. For those of you who camp, you know what I am talking about. It took us (I think) almost 2 hours to clean all dishes from dinner. That is NOT including the plates. Nadia said for us to just pile those and as soon as they had someone come out and clear their pipe out, they would throw them in the dishwasher.

While we were cleaning up the kids were playing the Xbox 360. They had a lot of fun....The little ones got to play too :-)

Micah even got to hold Donal for the first time. He was really excited. We had a great time. I even got to sneak a few more pictures of Donal that I will share next time.....

I pray you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Micah really loves holding the babies... doesn't he? He's a great "big" cousin to the newest additions!

Kerri

Anonymous said...

Lyn, that was before I got the "bug". I'm not sure I'll be able to look at another turkey, stuffing, gravy, and cranberry sauce again....I'll definately try though

Tim