An example of my ever expanding abilities... I am now trying to make all of our own bread, rolls, hamburger buns, hot dog buns, etc. Not that it is that much more cost effective, it's just SO much healthier for you. I can put so many wonderful things in the bread that my children (husband) eat. I am not going to tell you all of my secret ingredients because my husband reads this... Having the family history of colon cancer like I do, I really want to be proactive for my family and myself. Bread is just one of the ways I can do that.

Making bread is also a fun thing for the kids to do. I remember my Mom making bread every week when we were growing up. She would always give us our own piece of dough to knead. We got to pick what (if anything) we were going to put inside of it. I always put cinnamon in mine. What a great memory I would like to pass down to my kids.

My kids are already catching on the the fun of kneading the dough. I showed them how to do it, and then I said they could beat on it too....you don't have to tell them twice:-)
OK, so I am going on the homeschooling thing again.....If I didn't have my kids home, how could I do all I do with them? We would miss out on so much together! Micah would be in school full time right now. He would have to be to school around 8am and then wouldn't get home until around 3:30pm. All those hours someone else is influencing him....no thanks! Sure life would be easier...one less kid all day, wow, can't imagine what I could get done. But God didn't say parenting was supposed to be easy. I am so blessed to have the choice of keeping my babies at home, sheltering them, loving on them, pouring myself into them. May not always be good, life around here isn't always pretty, but it sure smells better with home made bread in the oven!
"These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road (when you are making bread), when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on you hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deut 6:6-9Blessings!
1 comment:
You are doing just great! I love you, lyn :)
Post a Comment