Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Just Can't Help It!

I have to post some more pictures of my nephew. The kids and I went up to see him again yesterday and of course I took my camera. I just can't get over how cute he is! He is truly a masterpiece!

He loves to chew on his tongue, a few times I caught him sticking it out. Lucky for me, I had my camera ready for it:-)


I was thinking about them last night as MY baby had me up EVERY two hours (I am supposed to be over that stage). It will be fun to watch Paul and Nadia figure out what this parenting thing is all about. They are just beginning this new season of life, I am slightly jealous....

Remembering.....Waking up, just to make sure the baby is still breathing (by the time the third one comes, you don't do this anymore....). Being able to change the diaper, nurse, and burp while still sleeping. Throwing a heating pad in the bassinet to keep it warm, so that when you laid the baby down, it didn't get startled awake by a cold bed (key to this one is making sure you TAKE OUT THE HEATING PAD....Micah got a little cooked one night). Finally getting a shower at 4pm, because you were SO BUSY taking care of a baby all day (do you know how much I could get done now if I had just one baby??). Loving the fact that God made my body to nourish my child... I could keep going on, but it makes me a little teary-eyed.

Nadia and Donal went home today....I pray that the transition from couple to parents goes smoothly for Paul and Nadia. It is such a precious time, Cherish it...drink it in....it goes too fast...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What?! You get a shower before 4 PM? BTW...too cute, I should have known better than to look at those pictures!

Kaira said...

He is just perfect! I know, those days go by too fast *sigh*