Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Promised Post

Here it is....my first real post in over a week!


There is so much that I have to write about, but I will keep this simple today since I have so much to do and just tell you about my run on Fourth of July.


My brother Tim and his wife were here from Chicago and he said he would run the 5k race with me (here in Kentwood). He has never run in a race before, so this was his first. It was a beautiful morning for a run.


We started off running about a 8 minute mile. That is really fast for me, someone who usually is at a 10 min mile. He had no problem, he even stopped to tie his shoe and caught right back up with me....show off :-)


About half way through the race I started to get a side cramp, and had to slow down. Up until this point he had stayed with me....although he was running much slower than he could have. He kept going, then my shoe came untied! Not good.


I finished the race in about 32:53 minutes and he finished in about 28:51 minutes. GREAT JOB TIM! He could have gotten an even better time had he not run so slow with me, the first half of the race:-)


Our family was sitting near the finish line so Laurie snapped some pictures of us as we ran past. Tim, looked like he was out for a Sunday stroll, me on the other hand looked like I was about to die. I really need to work on the "running face", the relaxed, this is not painful, I don't feel like I am dying face.
So here is my studly brother....

Here is my picture.....be nice, this is keeping me humble by just posting it.

Here we are at the end. We look nothing alike do we....Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...the photographer who took those shots is talented! Look at the way she captured the emotion...the feeling...the look of excursion! You can just FEEL the pain. Such powerful pictures! She should get her name in the credits for sure!