"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed. For HIS COMPASSIONS never fail. They are NEW EVERY MORNING; Great is your faithfullnes." Lamintations 3:22-23
I can't tell you how thankful I am for new mornings. This morning with all the new beautiful snow, covering all the old dirty snow, it makes a new and fresh begining. A new day to try and be the kind of wife, mother and teacher that God called me to be. But it doesn't take long before I start to fail.
This morning I had two little boys standing at the side of my bed at 5:17am. One fell out of bed, and one got scared because the other one fell out of bed. So, in the bed they climb....then at 6:02am I had a little girl that started crying for me and the first thing I did was start to grumble about "why can't my children sleep in"... Then that 'still small voice' spoke and said "Lyn, why are you grumbling about the gifts I gave you? It's a new morning, don't give Satan a foothold by grumbling and complaining." BUSTED! I wasn't even out of my room and I was already sinning! That is why I love new mornings and freshly fallen snow. A new beginning a fresh start.
At 6:10am Kevin decided to get up and clear the driveway and side walks (dedication!), Micah was up and jumping into his arms wanting to go downstairs. Not long after Tyler and Jilli were standing up saying "I want to go downstairs Mommy", so at 6:20am this is what it looked like inside my warm house...

I decided that I should brave the cold in my PJ's, jacket and Kevin's shoes to take a picture of what it looked like outside at 6:20am (this is for all you who have kids that sleep in, or don't have to get out of bed before the sun gets up). Thank you Jesus for new mornings and freshly fallen snow (Yes, Jen R. I just thanked Jesus for snow:-)

Blessings!
1 comment:
I did the same thing this morning. All the schools are closed which means we have no dance class and we have no school either. This means our first whole family day in months since Jim doesn't have to work until 6pm. Lots to be thankful for today and lots of fun to be had!
Post a Comment