Monday, January 14, 2008

School




Today as part of our school, the boys baked muffins. We had a lot of fun (and mess), but it is a VERY easy recipe so Micah can read it and the boys can mix it together all by themselves. With just a little help (with the oven) we had wonderful muffins for after supper tonight.

Speakin of supper. My husband put together a wonderful meal for us tonight. I had to run to the store and by the time I got home he had everything ready to go and on on the table. He was so proud of the presentation of the bread I just had to take a picture of the bread.
Muffin recipe
1 box cake mix (doesn't matter what kind or flavor)
1 can pumpkin pie filling
That's it. Mix it together (no water or eggs) You can put whatever you want, like choc chips, brown sugar, raisins....into it and follow the cake box for cooking directions. The muffins are very moist. I am not a big pumpkin fan, but with some cake flavors I can't even taste it (sorry I didn't take pictures of the final product). Enjoy!
Blessings!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love using 1 box german choc cake mix, 1/2 bag choco chips and the pumpkin...my kids have no idea that by the time I add the flaxseed in, they're eating something mostly healthy for dessert!

Jennifer said...

P.S. Way to go, Kev