We started the day just like any other, up before the sun. The kids were on their stools wanting breakfast. I was more than happy to give them their cereal since I didn't want a repeat of the day before. I gave them all their cereal (Jilli wanted hers without milk). Since my daughter chose to go without the milk, I felt it safe to go change laundry loads (my washer and dryer are 10 feet from my kitchen). The next thing I hear is "Mommy, Jillian made a mess!" I thought, well the worst she could do is dump her dry cereal on the floor. WRONG! Tyler got off his stool to go to the bathroom and while he was away from his post, Jilli took it upon herself to steel his cereal (with milk). When Tyler got back (1 min later) and saw that she took his cereal he told her to give it back....If Jilli can't have it, than no one should have it....
The only reason my daughter is still with me today is because God taught me a valuable lesson. When angry, grab your camera. I know that sounds crazy, but I can't spank her with my camera in my hand, I won't throw my camera or even place it down firmly because I'm angry. I am gentle with it, I know how much it costs to replace it, I also know how fragile it is.
My daughter was bought for a price too, Jesus gave his LIFE for her (that's way more expensive than my camera) and I can't replace her, like I can a camera. So why do I treat my camera with more care? I think one reason is that my camera listen and obeys me the first time. Oh, I know there is the occasional outburst, when I ask it to do something it can't, so everything just shuts down. But for the most part it doesn't spill milk, but is also doesn't give me hugs and kisses. When ever I get upset about something that happened, I am now grabbing my camera to remind me that NOTHING is more important or valuable than my children.
Back to the patience thing....God decided to see if I had learned my lesson and he sent me
another trial...meet Tyler's mess. What do you think I did??? There is a picture isn't there?
another trial...meet Tyler's mess. What do you think I did??? There is a picture isn't there?Blessings!
PS...Jilli did get disciplined, but not out of anger!
No comments:
Post a Comment