Friday, January 11, 2008

Missing Nala

In August we received a beautiful gift....a rottie carved out of a tree trunk which we lovingly named, wood Nala. Since the passing of our beloved Nala in November this "wood Nala" has taken a special place in our hearts. Kevin once joked with me that when I was missing Nala (which is all the time) to just go pet the wood Nala. What he didn't know is that secretly, I had already tried that, but wood Nala was too rough and I was afraid of getting slivers.
Yesterday I was coming down the stairs to find Jilli ON wood Nala. This is the first time she has done this. When asked what she was doing, she said "riding my Nala". You see, when Nala was still alive, Jilli would walk up behind her and hold on to her neck and tell me she was riding Nala. I guess even though the kids don't say it, they are still missing her too.
Blessings!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

what a cool gift and rememberance