Monday, December 15, 2014

There is a WHAT in Our House?!

I think it was early last week that the farmer cut the field down that runs along side of our property.  My Dad made a comment about watching out for mice since their homes were just cut down.  Not two days later did I have a white faced little girl racing down the stairs to tell us that she heard an animal rolling around above her bed.  Sure enough there was something up in the attic rolling around and scratching.

We were prepared mentally for the possibility that we would have to deal with a mouse since we were living in a old house.  But we were really hoping that it wouldn't be an issue.  Well... apparently it's an issue and if you have been reading the blog since the beginning you know how our family loves mice. The first step of eradicating the unwanted house guest has begun and hopefully it hasn't moved it's family into the attic as well (I know wishful thinking).

Poor Jilli had to fall asleep pretending she was Cinderella and the noises she was hearing was her little friends making her a pretty dress to wear to the ball.  I also turned her radio up a little so hopefully she would concentrate on that instead of the rolling, scratching noises.

Not much other news to share right now... unpacking is wildly boring and not really picture worthy.  I still have boxes all around us.  But our Christmas tree did make it up!  That was spurred on by Jilli who just wouldn't let it rest that our tree wasn't up yet.  Thank goodness for our little Jilli, it feels much more festive now.  It still doesn't feel like "home" yet, it kind of feels like we are just visiting.  I think that will change when we start putting our stamp on this house.

I will leave you with this picture from a road trip we took about a month ago.  We needed to get out of the trailer for awhile and decided to ride up to Ludington.  We took country roads all the way there and had a really fun time.  Romeo obviously came with us on our day trip.
This picture was taken at the Consumers Power Reservoir just south of Ludington.  

Blessings!!

No comments: