Welcome to the year 2014 (almost 2015). It used to be my name being called in the night. There have been times of bells ringing if I was needed and calling for me was painful. But texting??
Now my phone sits next to my bed, ringer as low as it will go so that if my children need me during the night, they can text me. That feels funny just typing it. But over the last few days, we have been waging a war against influenza. Thankfully I have escaped it's grasp so far, but the rest of my family hasn't been so lucky. Micah, not one to want to bother me, will usually either handle things on his own or come downstairs and quietly ask for my help. The other two... Well they stay in there beds and send me messages as to how they are feeling and I send reply's. Sometimes, my reply's get me out of going upstairs and sometimes they don't. Two nights ago, I think I climbed our stairs 20 times throughout the night.
I am praying we are over the worst of it and over the next few days we will slowly regain our health and our ability to join the community again. Although our sickness did interrupt Christmas party plans, New Years plans, and spending more time with Tim and Melissa while they were here, I am not complaining that it has forced us to stay home and spend time together as a family. That was a real blessing.
Praying your family had a Wonderful Christmas Celebrating the Birth of Our Savior and will enjoy the Blessings of a Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment