Thursday, January 2, 2014

Cliff Jumping

My cousin called me today, we ended up talking for 2 hours!  It was great catching up and also reliving our UP vacation.  It got me excited to blog about it again.  I told her that I have like 700 pictures from our vacation and it's so hard to decide which ones to include and which ones to leave out.  Also, what stories to tell and what stories to leave unwritten.  I get a little overwhelmed and end up doing nothing.  I am trying really hard to start this new year off right, and part of that is to get back to consistent blogging again.  So Thank You Carey for lighting a little fire under my butt!!

It's been awhile but here is a quick refresher.  There is an "island" (really a peninsula) called Presque Isle Park.  There are many little pull offs that you can go exploring and see views like this.
These little pull offs kept calling my name.  Everyone we passed that we didn't stop at I felt great loss for what I didn't see.  But there was a pull off that I told Kev he had to pull over for.  I walked a little ways down the trail and headed back to the cars to get the rest of the troops.  This was something too awesome to miss!!
 Its really hard to describe looking back now, I wish that I had taken more pictures so you could get a better taste as to what this like. We were standing on some rocks on one side of a rocky cove and there was a family on the other side of the cove.  They were enjoying an afternoon of cliff jumping.

Here goes the Dad... His kids were so excited when he jumped. He was acting very nervous before the plunge. 


Here are our kids watching the craziness. You can kind of see the cove in this picture and other onlookers taking in the cliff jumping.

I did turn around and take some pictures looking the other direction.


So Amazing... Everywhere I looked I was struck by God's artistic imagination.  I think I could have stayed in this one place all day.  Apparently this little area is very popular for the cliff jumping and the rocky shore that you could catch some rays on.

No comments: