Thursday, April 11, 2013

Even If.....Part 2

I was a little perturbed, I had called several times to find out the results of my ultrasound only to be told that the results were in and being reviewed by the Doctor and that I had to just wait to get a call back.  Tuesday night I still hadn't gotten a call and the office is closed on Wednesdays.  I went to bed asking God why I had to keep waiting to hear my results.  I never expected a call on Wednesday but shortly after 10am the phone was ringing, the caller ID told me that this was the call I had been waiting for.

My doctor was on the other end.  He spent quite a bit of time with me on the phone, explaining what the ultrasound showed and what it could or couldn't mean, what I have to do next and then several different courses of action that I can take depending on the outcome of the needle biopsy.

The ultrasound showed the cyst (about 4cm) and inside of it is a nodule.  What we don't know is if it is just thyroid tissue or cancer.  The needle biopsy will be performed next week and at that time they will take a sample of the fluid and also pull a sample from the nodule.

My doctor talked at length about the two types of cancer that it could be, one in particular that he spent a lot of time discussing with me.  At the end of our conversation he said "Lyn, just remember, it could be just thyroid tissue."  And I told him that that is what I was going to be believing.  He told me that he would be believing it along with me.

So... that is where I am at.  He told me, had it just been a fluid filled sac, he would have drained it in the office and called it a day.  Ugh... but as he pointed out, I don't ever take the easy route, I have to throw something into the mix every time.  I hate the waiting, I hate the drama, I hate the uncertainty of all of this.

He did congratulate me on my A1C results, I am still pumped that my sugars are doing so well!

Kevin and I appreciate all the prayers, we are continuing to claim health and healing to my body.  I will keep you updated, but know that after my biopsy, it will be 5-7 days before we get the pathology results....more waiting, God must want to teach me patience, because it seems like everything in my life right now is in a hurry up and wait holding pattern.  But no matter what, God is good, and He knows what I need and the best way to grow me more and more like Him.

Blessings!!

1 comment:

Mel said...

i believe it's thyroid tissue too!!!!