Friday, January 18, 2013

Train Car and Iroquois Point

As I was going through the pictures and choosing what I was going to share, I was amazed at how much we packed into one day.  I was going to share day 2 with you today, but unless I want to get into the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest blog, I am going to have to split this up into a couple different posts.

Day 2, the first planned stop of the day was Iroquois Point Lighthouse.  I have blogged about this beautiful lighthouse before, but I have to say that it's one of my favorite lighthouse just because I love the look of it.  I think its because of the red roof against the white walls and the stone "fence".
But before we got to this little gem, we passed this old train car that was just sitting on a corner.  It was very lonesome, and was calling my husbands name.  Kevin and I love old things, especially things that have a forgotten story.  So when this old train car came into view my adventurous husband and I decided we should get a closer look.  Paul was driving their truck with Toni, Kevin, and I inside (the kids were all with the grandparents in separate vehicles...oh yeah, we planned that *smile*).

As we drove into this dirt driveway (caravan of cars following) we noticed a little sign that said... NO TRESPASSING.  Since the sign was hanging on a fence and not on the train car we felt it ok, for a quick picture to forever memorialize this old forgotten piece of history.

Kev jumped out of the truck, while I stayed in the the truck to take the picture (in case of a possible quick get-a-way).  He climbed up and posed for this picture.
And then a moment after this was taken, my camera captured this... with Kevin yelling "Go, Go, Go!"
Tires spun, dirt was flung and we took off at lightning speed with our caravan following quickly behind.  It was a clean get-a-way.  But those few seconds of heart pounding excitement were exhilarating.

Well, we made it safely to the lighthouse with continual checks in the review mirror, making sure we were not being followed.


We went through the little museum in the old living quarters of the lighthouse and then walked around back to climb the tower.  This is the view... isn't it just beautiful??

The colors were just perfect, Jilli kept running on the boardwalk picking up all the leaves and yelling at me to come see all the beautiful leaves that were scattered along the way.



While we were there, two freighters pass by.

I captured this picture of a Daddy who loves his very special son.

And since he was still smiling after the hug from his Daddy, I got this one.

I wanted a family picture with us at the lighthouse.  Kev's Dad was willing to shoot it for us, but apparently my oldest didn't want his picture taken, because every one taken he looks like this...

I discovered his pouty face so we tried it again and got this one...

Well, that is where I am going to end.  I think this post covered about an hour and a half of our day.  And the "Young" Dad's looked like this already....
Blessings!!

No comments: