“These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.” ~Thomas Paine
I did not want to rush to the computer yesterday, it was a day of serious reflection. Of crying out to God. Sadness that runs deep into the shadows of the ocean, threatened to over take me. Did we think that things of such high value would be paid for so easily?? God knows the proper price for freedom.
What pains me the most is knowing...knowing, what my children will now face. All throughout time mothers have sent their husbands and son's off to war to fight for the cause they believed in. Did I think that my sacrifice for my freedoms and those of my children would be any less?
Tuesday was a devastating day. Truth didn't seem to matter for half of our country and the fundamentals that we were founded on went to the wayside. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. Over half of this country is being blinded by liberal media and socialistic values. Will they wake up to see what they have done? Will they fully understand the ramifications that Tuesday will forever have on our country? The freedoms that will now be stripped away...
Elections have consequences...
-Three of our states voted for gay marriage (Washington, Maryland, Maine)
-Massachusetts legalized Doctor assisted suicide
-The dollar fell Wednesday against the Euro (currency that Spain, Italy, GREECE use)
-Healthcare will be more money, employers will not be able to afford it now. Government now holds all control over your health.
-Inflation is coming... gas/coal/energy will all be more money.
Within hours of re-election Obama called UN to begin talks again on global ban of guns. Doesn't matter what our 2nd amendment rights are. The United Nations Arms Trade Treaty would nullify them.
Sadly our schools have been indoctrinating our children for so long, we have lost touch to the real history of the United States. Our children buy into the lies that are taught them in school. They can't think for themselves. As parents we have pampered our children, teaching them to expect handouts instead of working hard for what they have.
I will be honest, I struggled yesterday. I told myself things that I had to keep repeating until they reached my heart. Where does my faith lie? In a man, in a country, in me? No, my faith lies with the only One who sees past the present and into the future. My hope is in the One who saved me. I know that consequences are coming, I know that times will be hard, but I trust my Savior.
Tuesday afternoon, the kids and I were talking. I said, "if we have no food, who do we trust? If we have no water, who do we trust? If we have no heat, who do we trust?" Their answer "JESUS!"
It makes my heart so sad to think of all the people who are looking to Obama, and thinking that he is the answer. People were chanting, screaming, dancing... FOR A MAN. I worship the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! I have hope, for what can this world take from me?... my life. But I know where I am going!! Heaven!! I know where my husband and children are going!
Tuesday night I went to bed with tears in my eyes. Last night I went to bed knowing that God is in control of all of things, it took me a day to get there. I don't believe this was what God wanted, God didn't want Adam and Eve to eat the apple... but he provided another way for them. And he will provide another way for those of us who call him Savior.
My resolve is ever so much more, to teach my children where our hope lies, to pour into them truth that is found only in the Bible.
~ I have to share this. On Sunday while in church we saw a video of a remote tribe in South America. They have only had bits and pieces of the Bible in their language. The whole New Testament had been translated for them and was being flown into their village. The whole village showed up, they were singing, and dancing. The plane landed, the box of New Testaments was carefully carried out of the plane and handed to the elders of the tribe. With tears streaming down their faces, they handed it to the oldest of the tribe. One of the tribesmen said, (paraphrasing) "We have believed, and now we pass our beliefs down to you." As this was said, the elderly passed the box of Bibles down to the youth. The whole tribe was crying (including me), because this box held the Truths that they had believed and never had! They handled that box like it was their most prized possession...and it was.
How many Bibles do we have sitting in our homes, that we have taken for granted? We can sit and open the Word anytime we want too. We can get online and look things up whenever we want. But how often do we? Do we handle our Bibles like our most prized possession? I know I don't...
Here it is... I think that allowing a man a second term to finish what he started, was a grave mistake. A mistake we all will pay the price for. But our hope is in the Lord, so while we will be carefully watching what happens next, we will be praying for the leadership of this country. I pray that what I (and many other people) see coming doesn't happen, because so many will be completely unprepared. And that is the most scary prospect of all!
Psalm 112[a]
1 Praise the Lord.
Blessed are those who fear the Lord,
who find great delight in his commands.
who find great delight in his commands.
2 Their children will be mighty in the land;
the generation of the upright will be blessed.
3 Wealth and riches are in their houses,
and their righteousness endures forever.
4 Even in darkness light dawns for the upright,
for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.
5 Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely,
who conduct their affairs with justice.
the generation of the upright will be blessed.
3 Wealth and riches are in their houses,
and their righteousness endures forever.
4 Even in darkness light dawns for the upright,
for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.
5 Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely,
who conduct their affairs with justice.
6 Surely the righteous will never be shaken;
they will be remembered forever.
7 They will have no fear of bad news;
their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
8 Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear;
in the end they will look in triumph on their foes.
9 They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor,
their righteousness endures forever;
their horn[c] will be lifted high in honor.
they will be remembered forever.
7 They will have no fear of bad news;
their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
8 Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear;
in the end they will look in triumph on their foes.
9 They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor,
their righteousness endures forever;
their horn[c] will be lifted high in honor.
10 The wicked will see and be vexed,
they will gnash their teeth and waste away;
the longings of the wicked will come to nothing.
they will gnash their teeth and waste away;
the longings of the wicked will come to nothing.
...Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment