It's been a loooooooooooooong time since I got to spend a whole day with my niece. The last 3 times I was to watch her I was unable to :(
I love the time I spend with her and her cousins love to spend time with her too. It's kind of funny, Jilli, in the past, didn't like it when we were with Lorelei because for some crazy reason she thought I loved Lorelei more than her. Apparently those misguided feelings are gone because the girls had lots of fun coloring and playing together. Not once did jealousy rear it's ugly head.
Tyler on the other hand is amazing with little kids. He loves to be a helper, and play with them. He has such a great way with kids. He was making Lorelei laugh all day. At one point she put her crayons down rested her head on her hands and listened to him tell her a story.
She found the end of the story funny (as we all did) and started laughing.
I took two things away from our day with Lorelei. 1. 2 year olds are tiring! I totally could have laid my head down and taken a nap right along with her. I had forgotten how much effort you put forward and how little you get done around the house. 2. How very precious that age is. I loved reading to her all the books I don't get to read to my kids anymore. I loved all the questions she asked!! Kevin thinks I ask a lot of questions... he should spend a whole day with his niece!!
We are looking forward to the next trip Ama & Poppop go on so we can have her again!!



1 comment:
that top picture has some VERY serious coloring going on!
And Uncle Kevin doesn't have to spend a whole day for all those questions - 20 minutes will do the trick :)~
-Kelli
Post a Comment