Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Fire

The other night Kev and l were enjoying a fire with friends.  At one point a piece of wood fell out of the fire pit. The piece of wood quickly died down in intensity. By the time Kev got it back in the fire there wasn't a flame
to be found on it.
As I was laying in bed thinking about that piece of wood, it reminded me how quickly we lose our spiritual fire when we walk away from fellowship with other believers.  We cool quickly and quickly forget what it was like to be on fire for God.  I also think once away from the fire we try to fill up our lives with things that we think will bring that warmth back.  But that warmth is artificial.
I was amazed at how quickly that same piece of wood once added back in the fire started burning like it had never left.
That piece of wood gives me hope. Why? Because there are times I feel like I start to fall away and lose heat.  I try to handle life on my own... and that never works.  It doesn't take much for me to find that fire again when I tap back into The never ending flame.  Listening to praise music, reading the Word, praying, worshiping with other believers.  One or all of those things ignite me.
I am so thankful that when I fall out of the fire, I am welcomed right back in. It's a blessing to be loved by such a forgiving and loving Father.

1 comment:

Kaira said...

Ohhh, I like this! That's a fact, it's so easy to fall away but He is always there waiting to rekindle our fire if we will lean back into the flame.