Ahh, rain, bless-ed rain. It has been missing this summer and my eyes missed the color green. Our lawn remained an oasis in the desert, but I am thinking, we are not going to like the water bill. All the campgrounds we visited this summer were a lovely shade of brown with a few green weeds popping up, but even the weeds were struggling. And outdoor activities were a choice between the pool or lake depending on campground because it was too dog-gone hot to do anything else. Or you become creative and drive in an air-conditioned vehicle down to Indiana to walk through air-conditioned stores (and bakery). We did that 3 times in two weeks and the scale proves it, the amish sure know how to cook/bake!
So this cool rainy day is just what the grass doctor (and cookie connoisseur) ordered. It also does great things for the cleaning monster that lives inside of me (when not reading a good book) I love to clean on these days. I also love to curl up and read but right now I am not reading a book that has me drawn to it's pages.
When I was browsing through all the books at the library, I thought for sure I would love this book about a budding female photographer in the 1800's. But this book has not been an easy read. This young women struggles with feelings for the Master Photographer she is working under, who is married with 3 children. I have read books that have been very difficult, but this one I hate to turn the page to read what happens next. Last night I made it almost to the end and cringed with every word. The feelings had turned into a full blown emotional affair that included "embraces" and some kissing. I have never read a book that I have been so mad at the main characters. The lies that are told to cover up this affair are so intwined that I have a hard time keeping them straight! Sadly, this book is based on real people and maybe that is why it's so hard to read. To see lives being ripped apart in such a way is really almost to much to read about.
Ok, so you didn't click on my blog to find out it was raining, that I am going to wear pants today, or even that I am reading a horrible book. So I will leave you with a picture from Tawas.
This is "the boys" first touch of Lake Huron. As I write this, I am thinking that my boys have touched the Lake Huron waters before when they were really little up by the Mackinac Bridge. But does that really count? Throwing rocks where the waters mix with Lake Michigan waters?? Plus, I don't know if I have a picture of it, so then it really doesn't count... Here I go again, my thoughts just wandering, rain must have a way of doing that to me.
Enjoy "The First Touch" and have a happy day!
![]() |
| Tyler... Nicholas... Sam... Micah |


No comments:
Post a Comment