I found something the other day that I knew I had, but I wasn't exactly sure where it was. But when I embarked on a picture organizing project, I discovered these precious little pictures.
And since it was Baby Girls birthday, I thought it would be a perfect time to show them.
Our first peek at the little miracle that is Jilli. She was 14 weeks old here. I had an ultrasound because I had gotten very sick, my body went into diabetic ketoacidosis. My doctor later told me that he was 99% sure that I would lose the baby. I didn't know that at the time, but this ultrasound is the result of my doctor making sure that the baby came through the crisis with it's heart still beating.
As you probably know, we were told many things about Jilli from stillbirth to retardation to clubbed feet and no hands. On June 2, 2005 while laying on a table in the neonatologists office having another ultrasound, the tech snapped this picture. We cried when the tech said "look, the baby is waving to you!" She of course knew the diagnosis that we had been given. It was the first of many signs that our baby would be born perfect. The tech graciously printed it for us along with several other pictures.
Jilli's birthday always brings these precious memories up. It's a yearly reminder of God's power that is at work in our lives.
I finally told Jilli some of her story 2 weeks ago. I showed her the picture of her waving to us. I told her that God worked a miracle in her and that God has great plans for her. It makes her smile when I call her our miracle baby. Someday she will have an amazing story to tell...


1 comment:
I remember when you came home with that picture!! We stood in your kitchen and CRIED for joy!!
Post a Comment