This weekend marked a milestone in our family. Our little nephew turned 1 yrs old on Sunday. We spent Sunday (late) afternoon and evening with my brothers family. Aiden was so cute, he loves the camera, especially the big flash. Even if he was crying, I would take out my camera and take a picture and he would start smiling. The little buddy is just so precious, I am still waiting for little curls to spring out all over his little head, but so far it's straight, not to worry though, he is still just as cute as Donal!
Aiden with his piece of birthday cake. He didn't take one taste, but he already knows how much his Uncle Kevin loves cake, so he shared it with him!
Donal had fun opening up Aiden's presents while Aiden had fun eating his cards.
I have to include some pictures of the curls. Paul and Nadia were talking about cutting them off (I think it is a great crime), but they both assured me that the curls would grow right back. I sure hope so!!
Uncle Paul got a new toy for Christmas, it was a Kinect. We all had fun playing it together.
And because I am all about fairness, I will include a picture of me playing the same game Kevin is. I look a little stiff, but it was all strategy people, all strategy. Just for the record, I beat Kevin's points every time.... but I am not keeping score.
Then there was little Donal. He jumps on the little trampoline while playing. A great way to get the energy out of that little engine that never stops. He is surprisingly very good.

The kids played a game called Hole in the Wall. It's on TV, you have to put your body in different positions to make it through the whole that is in the wall.They were really good at it and it was a great disappointment when it was said that we had to go home. As we left, we were walking to the truck and Jilli asked if we could go back to Uncle Paul's house the next day to play again :)
On our way home a subject came up that I have been expecting, but was not expecting it to come out of the blue on our drive home. I am not even sure how the subject came up but Tyler asked how babies come out of a mommy's stomachs. I turned to look at Kevin and he started smiling then turned his head away from me. It was a silent signal that I was on my own with this one.
So I launched into a very "G" rated version of how a mommy has to push the baby through the birth canal and the baby comes out the "V" (I used the proper terminology, but don't want to type the word out on my blog for safety purposes). Micah, in his very matter a fact way said "that must hurt." Kev and I laughed and I said that it did hurt, but only for a time and once you have the baby in your arms, you completely forget about the pain. Micah then said "I'm glad I'm not a girl." Poor Jilli, she had such a worried look on her face. I tried to reassure her that having a baby was the most precious gift. I don't think she bought it. Then the peanut gallery spoke up again (Micah) and said "Huh, and here I thought all this time, the baby came out of the tummy some how." Kev and I got a kick out of that comment. I am sure this is just the beginning of questions, and if that little talk had any indication of how more talks are going to go, I am going to be doing all the talking while Kevin will be turning all shades of red. Here starts our next chapter of life together...
In other news, Jilli sleepwalked into our bedroom again Saturday night. Have I mentioned that she is doing that?? She gets up and usually comes to my side of the bed (I should have put more thought into which side of the bed I slept on 15 yrs ago, I think I would have a whole lot more sleep if I had picked the other side). Jilli talks to me, but doesn't make much sense. She is usually saying something about her brothers. I ask if she needs to go potty, and usually she doesn't, and then I bring her back to bed, kiss her and she goes right back to sleep. She never remembers her little adventures the next morning and always insists that she never got out of bed. The boys never did this, so I guess it makes complete sense that Jilli does. Makes my nights interesting.... but I think I would rather sleep.
Last night I woke up to Tyler's scared voice calling for me. He had had a nightmare. I won't write any of the details, but when he described it to me, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. It was really scary. He told me that he kept telling himself to "wake-up". He was crying he was so scared. My heart just broke for him. We prayed to Jesus, prayed protection over his mind while he slept, prayed angels into his room to guard him, prayed that he would feel Jesus' comfort. We then turned on the His Kids Radio (a radio that plays all kids Christian music) so that his room was filled with comforting music. I told him that he should fall asleep thinking about Great Wolf Lodge and going down the water slides. Anything to get his mind off the horrible imagines that I am sure are burned into his mind. As I laid back down, I stayed awake for awhile praying for Ty. I know how a nightmare can rock your sense of peace.
Since we are on the subject of Tyler, thought I should share two pictures from his birthday party last weekend. A friend of ours made Tyler's cake.
Alright, that is an update from our weekend. Hope you had a great one too!!
Oh and I while I have you.... YAY GIANTS!!!! T&M, picked the right state to move too! I am not a fan of the Patriots. Don't like the coach at all. Cheaters never prosper... I also think it's down right mean to get rid of a player the night before the super bowl, because you want someone else for the big game. Glad that didn't work out for him either.
I like Eli Manning and I of course broke down when the camera panned over to his dad with tears streaming down his face. Made the win so much more sweeter... I am such a softy...
Have a great day!!













2 comments:
there is a huge GIANTS parade today 2 blocks from our apartment! it's crazy out there!! i can't get anywhere because it's fort knox. tried going to my sisters place, which is about 8 blocks from us, and i couldn't get there because of all the barricades. yay giants, but this parade is nuts!
loved all the pics! looks like the fam had a nice bday gathering. xo
Can you email me the pictures you posted on this blog?? All of them?? Thanks, Laur. (Good blog, by the way!)
Post a Comment