You pound into your kids from day one not to play with fire and then you go camping...


On this particular day it was Micah's turn to make the fire. When I camp by myself, both the boys take turns making the fire. They have to do it on their own with me standing close by. At some point Jilli will start too, but for now I am content to just let the boys do the "man's job."

We do "cheat" when making fires, I don't make them start it with flint & steel. At some point I would love to have the boys start fires the "old fashioned" way, just in case we are forced to live off the land without modern day conveniences:) But for now, matches and fire starters work just fine.
Once the fire is successfully started, you sit back and enjoy the labors of your work.

Blessings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment