Today will be day 3 down at Artprize with Ama and PopPop. Who would have thought that the kids and I would love Artprize this much. Last year I was unable to get down to see it, although my kids went with Kevin's parents for an afternoon.
When we started the week downtown, my Mother-In-Law and I discussed how long we thought the kids would last. I guess last year they made it about 2 hours. How much difference a year makes.
Monday I think we were down there for 3.5hrs. Tuesday was 5/6hrs and we will see how long we last today. It has been great fun though, interesting to see what each of the kids like and what they don't like. I do have to say some people have a very interesting idea of art. I wish I took a picture of one "art piece" that was basically women's slips hanging on a rope. Mom and I didn't know that we created art every time we hung our clothes out to dry. Who knows... maybe next year I can win $250,000 by hanging Kev's undies on a clothesline.... Hmmmm, need to think more on that.
One of the pieces is a huge card that people can sign their names on. The artist had a marker on the end of a 20ft pole that you could use to sign your name on the top of the card. Thankfully he signed all of our names, cuz I just don't think I could have done it.
Can you pick out our names??Alright, off to get ready for another fun day with my family more pictures to follow, I have a lot of them!
Blessings!
1 comment:
Tim got to sign Lorelei's name on it too! : ) Too bad someone vandalized (sp?) it, and slit it w/ a knife!! So sad : (
-Kelli
Post a Comment