Monday, May 24, 2010

Cran-Hill Ranch Continued

Oh My, I have so much to post and write about, but just don't seem to have the time to keep up with our busy, full, wonderful life. I promised I would write about our trip to Cran-Hill Ranch, but my scattered unorganized brain wants to jump straight to what just happened this weekend. What to do, what to do....

I think I mentioned in my previous post about Cran-Hill that the weather was less than nice for our little adventure, but being die-hard campers, we forged ahead armed with some "non-messy" crafts for the kids and movies that they had never seen.

Out of all the times we have camped in our new trailer, I have never been so thankful for the shear size of it. There was room for all 7 kids to do their crafts and 4 adults to lovingly look on (plus one not so small dog). We shared meals in our trailer and could be found just hanging out when the weather got too nasty to be outdoors. So thankful for God's blessing...

OK, so maybe I should start with the first night. It was horrible. Thankfully the kids didn't wake up, but around 2 am the rains came in a torrential down pour and then......the winds came. Kevin and I laid awake praying that we wouldn't get blown over. My mind was going a million miles a minute, thinking of the pictures that I had seen of trailers that had gotten blown over in high winds. I was imagining where I could put my kids to be safe in case our trailer did tip over. We were rocking back and forth, the trees were creaking and I was holding my husbands hand praying that God would keep us safe.

On a side note... when I was a girl I was deathly afraid of wind. If it was a windy day and my Mom made me go outside, you could find me under the picnic table shaking with fear. I have since overcome most of my fear of wind, but there in the very back of my conscience the childhood fear can come bubbling up. So this ferocious wind that kept beating the side of the trailer over and over, caused great anxiety within my heart. Lets just say it wasn't a night of peaceful rest.

To top off the night of no sleep, there was going to be a free pancake breakfast to celebrate Mothers Day at the Lodge at 8:30am! Most of you have never camped with me, but I like to mosey out of my trailer at....oh....10...10:30am, this girl likes her sleep and likes her slow, no hurry, the sun will be up for another 12 hours, no rush, kind of morning. So I had to muster all my energy to make it to the breakfast on time, that windy, cold, rainy Saturday morning.... this is what I call "roughing it", Lyn's style.

After breakfast we all headed back to our trailer for a craft, we had to keep all the kids busy, because it was..... still raining/snowing.
Thankfully, the kids all loved working on their masterpieces.



After crafts, the older 4 kids went to try their hand at archery, with the Dads.
From what I hear, they had a lot of fun. You really can't see it, but there was a roof over their heads, so they stayed dry. All in all it was a great experience for my boys, they were really excited with how well they did.

There is so much more to share about this day... but that will have to wait for another post.

Blessings!!

No comments: