Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Horseback Riding

I am going to continue sharing our adventure at Cran-Hill, sorry it's been a while since I blogged last. Kev and I decided to take a little vacation at the cottage for a few days with the kids and then we joined my parents for some camping fun over the holiday weekend. We are now back into the swing of things at home, so hopefully I will be able to do a lot of posting over the next few days.

Back to Cran-Hill....

One of the highlights of the weekend was by far the horse ride for the kids (and me, more on that later). This was Jilli's first time on a horse. Hard to believe since I LOVE horses, but for some reason she hasn't had the chance to ride one yet. It was all she talked about leading up to the glorious time she was hoisted up on the horses back.
Of course it was raining, you can see it in some of the pictures. The ring was very muddy, but that really didn't matter to the kids. They thought it was great. One of the funniest things that happened while the kids were riding was when I was taking Micah around the ring. The horse in front of us stopped to let off a little (rather large) load. Micah saw this and just started laughing his giggle laugh that made me start to laugh. Once the horse in front of us was done and started moving again, I started to lead Micah's horse on, but he wouldn't budge because...well...he was leaving a load himself, which started Micah laughing all over again. It was great!
This was the first time that Tyler rode a horse by himself. The last time he was up on a horses back, his Daddy was right up there with him (I was pregnant at the time with Jilli), so that was a long time ago. Things have changed. The once scared little boy was full of smiles as was walked around the ring.
Have to say it was well worth the cold/rain/wind, to see the smiles on the kids faces!

Blessings!!

No comments: