Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cleaning and Praying

It was my hope to post today about Cran-Hill, but.... life got busy.
Kevin and I leaving for a few days to celebrate our 13th anniversary. I have been cleaning like a mad women over here to get the house ready for Kevin's parents to come stay with the kids.

It is so different when you are cleaning your house for someone else to stay in it then when you are cleaning it for your own family. You look at things with new eyes, and you wonder why you didn't clean the bottom of the oven before, or why all of a sudden the shower curtain needs to be replaced and since it rained today, the windows needed to be washed too. Crazy I know... I also know that my In-Laws probably don't care and probably think that my house is clean regardless, but I seem to have complexes when I know someone else is going to be living in my dirt.

Jilli's Prayer
When I was tucking Jilli into bed tonight her prayer went something like this... "Dear God, thank you for this day. Please keep Mommy and Daddy safe on the highway on their way to their anniversary dance. Help them to have a fun dance. Help them to find a nice place to lay down. Help them to find a nice bed to sleep in. Help Ama and PopPop keep Mommy and Daddy's bed warm like they do. Help them to sleep in the same order as Mommy and Daddy. Amen."
The kids have been concerned that Ama and PopPop won't sleep the same way Kevin and I do. I am the one closest to the door, so I think they think that is why I am the one that usually comes to them when they call in the middle of the night. I am not really concerned, once you have "Mom Ears" you always have "Mom Ears".

Alrighty then... I won't be posting again until I get back home. Have a great weekend!

Blessings!!

No comments: