Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Trailer

When my parents had the kids camping, they notice a small puddle on the floor in the bunk house (room in the back of trailer where the kids bunks are). We thought the window is leaking.

On Saturday, my Dad and I removed the window and found out the inside of the wall was soaked. Then on Monday, Kevin started to take the wall out and discovered the whole wall was only being held together with the wall paper that was on the wall and there was black mold everywhere. The water had been there awhile.

Tues, Kevin decided to see how far it went....well we haven't found the end of it. It is all the way into the main part of the coach above the slider. We stopped looking. We called the dealership and they told us to call our Insurance company. Hopefully, insurance will see that this leak isn't caused by lack of maintenance...then they will cover this.

Some quick facts.
Our trailer is 4 years old
We bought it new (so we know that we have taken care of it)
The manufacturer went bankrupt last year (yeah, nice...)

I haven't taken any pictures, I am not sure yet if I want to remember this. If I do (which will probably happen), I will share them with you. But as of right now....the inside of my trailer is down to the studs (thankfully they are aluminum) and the "wood" that is the on the outside of the studs, that the fiberglass is glued too, is all black with mold.

So there you have it. My summer home is not livable and I have camping scheduled for next week. This really stinks!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

ugh...when it rains, it pours. Although probably not the best pun under the present circumstances

Anonymous said...

Time to resurrect the REAL camping, tents, pots (you know the kind), air mattresses, and no microwave! That way the only water you worry about is keeping the sleeping bags away from the walls when it rains.

Tim

Anonymous said...

I'm with Tim!!! Get the TENT out! : )

-Kelli

Anonymous said...

Same here. It's been a big disappointment. Major bummer.